Data protection statement
Thank you for visiting our website. The secure handling of your data is particularly important to us. We would therefore like to inform you in detail about the use of your data when visiting our website.
This data protection declaration is a joint declaration by kmp. Sprachenservice GmbH & Co. KG and kmp. Services GmbH.
Information about the collection of personal data
(1) In the following we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
(2) Responsible persons according to Art. 4 Para. 7 EU Data Protection Regulation (DS-GVO) are
kmp. Sprachenservice GmbH & Co. KG
kmp. Services GmbH
(See our imprint).
You can reach our joint data protection officer at
or at our postal address with the addition "the data protection officer".
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or via our contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, name and telephone number) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data accruing in this context after the storage is no longer necessary or restrict the processing if there are legal retention obligations.
By sending the e-mail, you give us your consent to data processing in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a DS-GVO.
(4) If we use commissioned service providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. In doing so, we will also state the defined criteria for the storage period.
Legal basis of processing
Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a DSGVO serves our company as the legal basis for processing operations in which we obtain consent for a specific processing purpose. If the processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, as is the case, for example, with processing operations that are necessary for a delivery of goods or the provision of another service or consideration, the processing is based on Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. b DSGVO. The same applies to processing operations that are necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures, for example in the case of enquiries about our products or services. If our company is subject to a legal obligation by which the processing of personal data becomes necessary, such as for the fulfilment of tax obligations, the processing is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c DSGVO. In addition, processing operations could also be based on Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR. Processing operations that are not covered by any of the aforementioned legal bases are based on this legal basis if the processing is necessary to protect a legitimate interest of our company or a third party, provided that the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject are not overridden.
Disclosure of data
We do not transfer your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent to this in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a DSGVO,
- the disclosure is necessary in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in the non-disclosure of your data,
- in the event that there is a legal obligation to disclose your data pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c DSGVO, as well as
- this is legally permissible and necessary for the processing of contractual relationships with you according to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b DSGVO.
Data subject rights
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO, to demand the immediate correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal data stored by us;
- in accordance with Article 17 of the Regulation, to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 DSGVO, to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you object to its erasure and we no longer require the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO;
- pursuant to Art. 20 DSGVO, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another controller;
- in accordance with Art. 22 DSGVO, not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing - including profiling - which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you;
- to revoke your consent at any time in accordance with Art. 7 (3) DSGVO. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in the future; and
pursuant to Article 77 of the GDPR, you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or place of work or the place of the alleged infringement for this purpose if the data subject believes that the processing of personal data concerning him or her violates the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
General collection of data
When you access our website or retrieve a file, data about this process is stored in a log file on our web server. In detail, the following data may be stored:
- IP address (if possible, this will be stored anonymously).
- Domain name of the website you came from
- Names of the files retrieved
- Date and time of a retrieval
- Name of your internet service provider
- and, if applicable, the operating system and browser version of your terminal device We only store IP addresses for data security reasons in order to ensure the stability and security of our system (legal basis: Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO). We reserve the right to statistically evaluate anonymised data records.
If you send us enquiries via the contact form, your details from the enquiry form, including the contact details you have provided there, will be stored and processed by us for the purpose of processing the enquiry and in the event of follow-up questions. Your data will be used exclusively for the purpose of answering and processing your question. The data processing is carried out here in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a DSGVO on the basis of your voluntarily given consent. You can object to this at any time (right of revocation).
References to other websites and to websites of third parties
On this website, references to websites of third parties or to one or several of our other websites are offered in the form of so-called links. Only when you click on such a link will data be transmitted to the link destination. This is technically necessary. The transmitted data are in particular: Your IP address, the time at which you clicked on the link, the page on which you clicked on the link, information about your Internet browser. If you do not want this data to be transmitted to the link destination, do not click on the link. If you follow links to third party websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these privacy policies before submitting personal data to these websites.
This website uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption for the transmission of data from your browser to our server and to servers that provide files that we embed on our website. SSL is used to transmit data in an encrypted form. The data cannot be changed and the sender can be identified. You can recognise the presence of SSL encryption by the prefix "https" in front of the address of the website you are calling up in your browser.
We have embedded Vimeo videos on our website, which are stored on our own server. There is no data transmission to Vimeo, LLC, headquartered at 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011).
Google Tag Manager
We use the Google Tag Manager from Google. "Google" is a group of companies and consists of Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland as well as Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA and other affiliates of Google LLC.
We have concluded an order processing agreement with Google. The Google Tag Manager is a utility service and only processes personal data itself for technically necessary purposes. The tool takes care of loading other components, which in turn may collect data. Google Tag Manager does not access this data.
Please note that, due to American laws, American intelligence services could possibly gain access to personal data that are inevitably exchanged with Google due to the Internet protocol when this tool is integrated. The legal basis for the use is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a DSGVO (consent in the Consent Banner).
Google Remarketing via DoubleClick
We use the remarketing function of the company Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland ("Google"). This function is used to show interest-based advertisements to website visitors as part of the Google advertising network DoubleClick. The browser of the website visitor stores cookies for this purpose, which make it possible to recognise the visitor when he or she visits websites that belong to the Google advertising network. On these pages, the visitor can then be presented with advertisements that relate to content that the visitor has previously accessed on websites that use the Google Remarketing function. If you do not wish to use the remarketing function, you can deactivate it by making the appropriate settings. You can also disable cookies via the advertising network initiative by following the instructions. Please note that, due to the Cloud Act, American intelligence services could potentially gain access to personal data that is inevitably exchanged with Google when this tool is embedded due to the Internet Protocol. The legal basis for the use is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a DSGVO (consent in the Consent banner).
Please note that, due to the Cloud Act, American intelligence services could possibly gain access to personal data that is inevitably exchanged with Google due to the Internet protocol when this tool is integrated. The legal basis for the use is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a DSGVO (consent in the Consent banner).
Information on cookies:
Categorisation for consent: Marketing Cookies used (lifetime in brackets): _ga (2 years), _gid (1 day), _gat_UA-* (1 minute),_utma (2 years), _utmb (30 minutes), _utmc (session), _utmt (10 minutes), _utmz (6 months) Please note that due to the Cloud Act, American intelligence agencies may gain access to personal data that is inevitably exchanged with Google due to the Internet Protocol when embedding this tool. The legal basis for the use is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a DSGVO (consent in the Consent banner).
Google Ads Conversion
(1) We use Google Ads to draw attention to our offers on external websites with the help of advertising media (so-called Google Ads). We can determine how successful the individual advertising measures are in relation to the data of the advertising campaigns. In this way, we pursue the interest of showing you advertising that is of interest to you, making our website more interesting for you and achieving a fair calculation of advertising costs.
(2) These advertisements are delivered by Google via so-called "ad servers". For this purpose, we use ad server cookies, through which certain parameters for measuring success, such as display of the ads or clicks by users, can be measured. If you access our website via a Google ad, Google Ads will store a cookie on your PC. These cookies usually expire after 30 days and are not intended to identify you personally. The unique cookie ID, number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post-view conversions) and opt-out information (marking that the user no longer wishes to be addressed) are usually stored as analysis values for this cookie.
(3) These cookies enable Google to recognise your internet browser. If a user visits certain pages of an Ads customer's website and the cookie stored on their computer has not yet expired, Google and the customer will be able to recognise that the user clicked on the ad and was redirected to that page. A different cookie is assigned to each Ads customer. Cookies can therefore not be tracked via the websites of Ads customers. We ourselves do not collect or process any personal data in the aforementioned advertising measures. We only receive statistical evaluations from Google. These evaluations enable us to recognise which of the advertising measures used are particularly effective. We do not receive any further data from the use of the advertising media; in particular, we cannot identify users on the basis of this information.
(4) Due to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with Google's server. We have no influence on the scope and further use of the data collected by Google through the use of this tool and therefore inform you according to our state of knowledge: Through the integration of Ads Conversion, Google receives the information that you have called up the corresponding part of our website or clicked on an advertisement from us. If you are registered with a Google service, Google can assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, it is possible that the provider may obtain and store your IP address.
(5) You can prevent participation in this tracking process in various ways: a) by adjusting your browser software accordingly, in particular the suppression of third-party cookies will result in you not receiving ads from third-party providers; b) by deactivating cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser to block cookies from the domain "www.googleadservices.com", https://www.google.de/settings/ads, deleting this setting when you delete your cookies; c) by deactivating the interest-based ads of the providers that are part of the self-regulatory campaign "About Ads" via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, deleting this setting when you delete your cookies; d) by permanently deactivating them in your browsers Firefox, Internetexplorer or Google Chrome at the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. We would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this offer to their full extent.
(6) The legal basis for the processing of your data is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a DSGVO (consent in the Consent Banner). Our legitimate interest lies in the targeted advertising of our services. Further information on data protection at Google can be found here: http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy and https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html.
We secure our website and other IT systems against loss, destruction, unauthorised access, unauthorised modification or unauthorised disclosure of your data by means of appropriate technical and organisational measures. However, despite all due care, complete protection against all dangers is not possible in every case. Because we cannot guarantee complete data security when communicating by e-mail, we recommend sending confidential information by post.
Changes to this data protection declaration
We reserve the right to change this data protection declaration if the legal situation or this online offer or the type of data collection changes. However, this only applies to declarations regarding data processing. If the user's consent is required or components of the data protection declaration contain a regulation of the contractual relationship with users, the data protection declaration will only be changed with the user's consent.
Therefore, please refer to this data protection statement whenever necessary, especially if you provide personal data.
Further functions and offers of our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you will usually have to provide further personal data, which we use to provide the respective service and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly monitored.
(3) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if contracts or similar services are offered by us together with partners. You will receive more detailed information on this when you provide your personal data.
(4) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
We would like to point out that only the German version of this data protection declaration is legally binding. The English version is merely a non-legally binding translation of the German version.